June 6 2018 Dam Update:
Lake Dam Update #5 – June 6, 2018
Ken Colburn, ELLOA President
Special Assessment Updated Information
Board member Greg Robison, who serves as coordinator for the dam repair, reported at a regular Board meeting last evening that our engineering firm evaluated all three bids received last week and have recommended the contractor with the lowest bid of $65,175. An additional estimate of $44,000 in engineering costs brings the total cost for the dam repair to $109,175.
The Board voted unanimously to accept our engineer’s recommendation of J.S. McCullough Excavating of Bainbridge to complete the dam repair. The Board also voted to recommend a $500 Special Assessment per lot owner to cover the estimated cost of this emergency dam repair. This motion will be presented to the membership for a vote at our Special Membership Meeting this coming Saturday morning. Our engineer, Roger Kottlowski, will also be present at our meeting to provide an overview of the dam sloughing and explain details about the repair. PLEASE be sure to attend the meeting.
The contractor wants to move forward immediately with the repair as soon as we have finalized the contract. They expect to be able to begin by mid-June and complete the repairs within 2-3 weeks of starting the project. This is all very welcome news!
ATTEND SPECIAL MEETING THIS SATURDAY
June 9-2018 at 930 AM at Clubhouse
May 30 2018 Updates:
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
SATURDAY JUNE 9, 2018, at 9:30 AM at the CLUBHOUSE
Dear ELLOA Lot Owner:
Per Article V, Section 7, of the East Lake Lot Owners Association Bylaws, a Special Membership Meeting has been called for Saturday, June 9, 2018, at 9:30 am at the East Lake Clubhouse, to discuss and vote on a special assessment proposed by the Board of Directors on all ELLOA members in the amount of $1,000. A notice for this meeting with additional details has been mailed to all lot owners prior ten days before the meeting date.
An absentee ballot was included in the mailing AND if you plan to submit an absentee ballot keep in mind the following (ELLOA Bylaws, Article VII):
ABSENTEE BALLOT REQUIREMENTS (if chosen):
1) YOU MUST IDENTIFY YOUR NAME AND LOT NUMBER ON YOUR RETURNED BALLOT in order for the Secretary to be able to verify that you are a member in good standing eligible to participate in the voting on this issue.
2) Each ELLOA member/lot owner will be entitled to one (1) vote even though the membership is issued jointly.
3) Voting will be restricted to members in attendance and those members voting by absentee ballot, upon proof of current and valid ELLOA membership.
4) The absentee ballot card must be received by the Secretary no later than 48 hours before the scheduled start of the meeting in which the vote will take place.
ELLOA Board of Directors
May 10, 2018 Updates:
- For questions on the Dam repair, please contact Greg Robison (317)979-9827
- Boat Patrol position is open. Contact Evert Yager at (317)518-1941 if interested.
- The Annual Fishing Tournament has been postponed until further notice
2018 Lake Treatment Schedule Announced:
Treatment 1: May 7, Monday
Treatment 2: May 21, Monday
Treatment 3: June 4, Monday
Treatment 4: June 18, Monday
Treatment 5: June 26, Tuesday
Treatment 6: July 16, Monday
Treatment 7: July 30, Monday
Treatment 8: August 13, Monday
Treatment 9: August 27, Monday
Treatment 10: September 10, Monday
Treatment 11: September 24, Monday
ELLOA Board Meetings are the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm.
News & Events 6/10/2018
June 2018 Updates (Read More)
2018 Lake Treatment Schedule Announced & Added to Events Calendar (updated 5/3/18)
ELLOA Board Meetings are the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm.Read More Read ALL
Local News 6/20/2018
Amateur radio club conducting demonstrations
An amateur radio club will be demonstrating new technology this weekend. The MidState Amateur Radio Club is conducting an open house 3 to 8 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to noon Sunday at the Johnson County Prosecutors Office, 1 Caisson Dr, Franklin. Club...Read More